A world first in handrails, the MCE4045 ACROVYN® Bactericide is certified as 100% effective against bacteria by an independent lab. With a smooth and fluid design, this handrail is the best available for any medical environment.
With the possibility to manufacture to fit around curves with a minimum 1m radius, this handrail can be fixed by anodised aluminium consoles or Acrovyn brackets.
Delivered with a temporary protective film, this handrail is ideal for hospitals and is available in 40 Acrovyn® colour options to suit your vision and design.
- Compliant with various European standards
- Can be manufactured to work round curves
- Easy pedestrian grip at 40mm Ø
- Available in 40 Acrovyn® colour options
- Easy to clean and effective against bacteria
- Strong and durable mounting bracket
The MCE4045 is a 40mm Ø handrail that complies with the following standards:
- European EN 13501-1 standard
- European EN ISO 1716 standard
- ISO 22196 standard
- Volatile Organic Compounds 2011 – A+ Rating
- European Directive 2002/95/EC
- Acrovyn, steel or aluminium mounting brackets
- standard end caps, external or internal corners, and flat end caps
- splice plate
- removable kit for service duct
- optional decorative ring in Dove Grey
After thorough tests following the European ISO norm 22196 they concluded that the special composition of our material efficiently kills all bacteria within a 24 hour cycle, proofing to be truly bactericide for Staphylococcus Aureus, Escherichia Coli and Mycobacterium smegmatis.
This unique feature works through mere surface contact, literally killing microbes through “touch”. What’s more, the bactericide effect doesn‘t wear off or diminishes over time guaranteeing unsurpassed hygienic conditions of the protected surface.
* According to EN 1040 a surface is bactericide when its bactericidal activity is 5 or higher which translates to 100.000 times fewer bacteria on the treated surface than on the inactive control surface.
The new Acrovyn® Bactericide sheet and MCE4045 Bactericide handrails are commonly used in the following areas:
- Intensive Care Units (ICUs)
- Clinical Surgeries
- Neonatal Units
- Medical Centres
- Elderly Residences
- Nursery Schools
- Food Industry:
- Food manufacturing facilities
- Food processing plants
- Fish and livestock farms
- Food storage facilities
- Pharmaceutical Industry:
- Animal facilities
- Pharmaceutical plants